Ontario Arbitration Services Lawyer
Resolution of Dispute through Arbitration Services
Arbitration is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process that provides a means of settling differences outside of court. In arbitration, a neutral third party decides the dispute much like a judge in court would.
There are however many advantages of arbitration over court adjudication. There advantages include:
- The parties can choose a decision-maker who is expert in the subject matter of the dispute unlike court where the adjudicator is imposed on them;
- There is finality to the decision because courts will nearly always respect a provision that the arbitrator’s decision is final and binding discouraging appeals to the courts;
- Arbitration proceedings are private;
- The parties determine the procedural rules and can opt for simplicity and informality sometimes allowing the parties to represent themselves;
- Simplified procedures can reduce the cost of dispute resolution and the lack of opportunity to appeal also reduces costs;
- Parties need not wait for a trial date to be assigned but can proceed to arbitration as soon as they are ready.
My role as an arbitrator is to help the parties decide on a speedy and inexpensive procedure, clarify the issues and decide the case.
I am providing my services as an arbitrator through ADR Chambers. If you wish to book an arbitration with me please contact ADR Chambers at 416 362 8555 or contact me directly by email or call 416 653 2442 (toll-free at 866 825-2442). From my office in Toronto Ontario, I represent clients throughout the GTA and Southern Ontario.