Toronto Auto Truck & Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Toronto Car Accident Lawyers
Even a minor car accident can leave you with permanent injuries that can affect your ability to work and earn a living. I am personal injury lawyer Donald L. Granatstein, Q.C., LL.M., and I can help you recover from the financial losses associated with an auto accident so that you can focus on your physical recovery.
I represent clients injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Car accidents: I represent people who have been injured in car crashes as well as survivors of those who died a wrongful death.
- Truck accidents: Collisions with large commercial trucks can be legally complicated. There are many potential sources of liability to explore. I will sort out the issues and work to obtain a fair resolution to your case.
- Motorcycle accidents: Bikers often suffer extremely serious injuries at the hands of distracted drivers who claimed they “just didn’t see” the motorcyclist.
- Auto accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians: Negligent drivers can cause cyclists and walkers to suffer head and brain injuries, serious fractures and internal injuries.
- Auto accidents caused by drunk drivers: I will seek compensation from the at-fault driver and the bar or restaurant that may have overserved the driver prior to the accident.
In Ontario, there are often two aspects to obtaining compensation in motor vehicle accident litigation:
- Statutory Accident benefits: You are entitled to receive benefits under your own auto insurance policy or that of the other driver.
- Personal injury claim: If the actions of another person caused or contributed to your injuries, I may be able to file a lawsuit to recover financial compensation for damages. In order to pursue a personal injury claim, you must have sustained serious permanent injuries according to a statutorily defined threshold.
I will carefully evaluate your case and determine whether you have an actionable personal injury claim in addition to an accident benefits claim. In either instance, I will protect your interests while pursuing a fair and just resolution to your case.
There is a no obligation to learn if I can help. Please contact me by e-mail or call 416 653 2442 (toll free at 866 825 2442) to arrange a free initial 1/2 hour consultation and case evaluation. From my office in Toronto, Ontario, I represent clients throughout the GTA.