Toronto Injury Lawyer: Sexual Abuse
Representing Survivors of Sexual Abuse or Assault
Sexual abuse is a form of trauma that can cause profound and lasting damages. It can affect all areas of your life, from your relationships and your career to your sense of safety and your sense of self. Survivors may suffer from anxiety, depression or post-traumatic stress disorder for years after the incident.
Help When the Time Is Right
Taking legal action against an abuser can be part of the healing process. I am Donald L. Granatstein, Q.C., LL.M., a personal injury lawyer with decades of experience representing survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault.
My clients include children, adults and adults who were sexually abused as children. Sexual abuse and assault cases may involve:
- Children abused by parents, relatives or family friends
- Children abused by people who had a duty to care for them, including teachers, daycare providers, babysitters, coaches and scout leaders
- Children or adults abused by doctors, priests, pastors, other members of the clergy, and counselors
- Elderly or vulnerable people abused in hospitals, nursing homes, group homes or other care facilities by staff, residents or others
- Survivors of sexual assault by a known or unknown perpetrator
Some people who may require representation are adult victims of childhood sexual abuse who now have children they want to protect from the same person who abused my clients years ago, male and female students who were sexually abused by their teachers and victims in priest sex-abuse cases.
In some cases, you can pursue a civil lawsuit for child molestation or sexual abuse years after the incident occurred. In other cases, time limits apply. Every case must be evaluated individually.
Please contact my office by e-mail or call 416 653 2442 (toll free at 866 825 2442). From my office in Toronto, Ontario, I represent clients throughout the GTA.