Toronto Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Injuries on Other People’s Property
Aslip in a retail store or a fall down a flight of icy steps can cause sprains, strains and fractures. Trips and falls are also a leading cause of traumatic brain injury.
If you suffered an injury because a property owner was negligent, you may be able to obtain financial compensation for the damages you have sustained through a personal injury claim.
I am Donald L. Granatstein, Q.C., LL.M., and I represent people who were injured because of dangerous conditions on other people’s property. To pursue a personal injury claim in a slip-and-fall case or other type of property-related accident, the injured party must prove that:
- A dangerous condition existed on the property.
- The property owner was aware of the dangerous condition.
- The property owner had an opportunity to fix the condition, but failed to do so.
- The dangerous condition caused my client to suffer injuries.
Injuries due to dangerous property conditions can involve:
- Slip-and-fall accidents in retail stores, restaurants, fitness clubs, amusement parks, and on public or private property
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Balconies or railings that give way
- Lack of railings and other building code violations
- Uneven sidewalks
- Ice and snow
- Inadequate lighting or security
- Snowmobile or ATV accidents
If you have been injured on another person’s property, it is important to discuss your case with a lawyer as soon as possible. If you delay, you may lose your opportunity to seek compensation. In cases involving injuries on property owned by a municipality, for example, you must give notice of your intention to file a personal injury claim within seven to 10 days of the injury, depending on where you live.
I offer a free initial 1/2 hour consultation and case evaluation. For legal help after a slip-and-fall accident in an occupier’s liability case, please contact my office by e-mail or call 416 653 2442 (toll free at 866 825 2442). From my office in Toronto, Ontario, I represent clients throughout the GTA.